Injectable treatments are most commonly performed using dermal fillers. These products help to diminish and soften the appearance of facial lines, as well as help to restore volume and fullness to the face.
Dermal fillers can help to achieve the following:
- Plump thin lips
- Soften facial wrinkles and creases
- Enhance shallow contours
- Improve the look of recessed scars
- Contour the lower face and jaw area
Injectables can assist in combating early signs of aging. However, it is important to understand that they cannot achieve the same results as plastic surgery procedures. Dermal fillers are temporary treatments, and ongoing injections will be needed to maintain results.
There are a number of different injectables on the market today. Each product is particularly made to have a certain texture and density, which means that certain fillers will work better for certain areas of concern. Your dermatologist will work with you to determine the filler that is right for you and your aesthetic goals. At Ottawa Derm Centre, we offer the following injectable treatments:
- Juvéderm Fillers: This family of hyaluronic acid-based fillers includes Juvéderm Voluma, Juvéderm Vollure, Juvéderm Volbella, Juvéderm Ultra, and Juvéderm Volux.
- Belotero: This dermal filler is approved to smooth out and fill in moderate to severe nasolabial folds.
- Radiesse: This filler is a great option for patients looking to smooth out their wrinkles on the face or hands. Radiesse is a collagen stimulator to keep the skin looking tight and youthful.
Once you and your dermatologist have decided on the dermal filler that is right for you, treatment will be scheduled. Just before treatment, the targeted area will be cleaned, and a topical numbing cream may be applied to ensure your comfort. Then, a small syringe will be used to inject a precise amount of filler beneath the skin. There is no downtime required following injectable treatments, though exercise may need to be postponed for 24 hours. Results can last anywhere from 6-18 months, depending on the filler used.
Adults who are physically healthy and nonsmokers who have a positive outlook on the results of their treatments can often benefit from injectables. An assessment at our office is needed to determine the treatment option for you to help you meet your individual aesthetic goals. To get started, contact our office today!